Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (31,315 Views)
Accepted Solution

My Sony Vaio VGN-AW420F laptop won't boot up.

When I try to turn on my laptop it will not boot up. The only thing that happens is the power ring flashes and the number 1 icon flashes on the touch nav bar. The laptop is plugged in and it says it's charging. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 2 of 6 (31,302 Views)

Re: My Sony Vaio VGN-AW420F laptop won't boot up.

[ Edited ]

Hi AustinW,

It sounds like NO POST issue.  It could be possisble loose (new installed) rams, bad video card(embedded/onboard ), and or possible even bad motherboard.  Please check one of these 2 troubleshooting steps below.  If both fails, then service

No POST, computer boots to a black screen

The computer is turned on but the operating system does not start and all of the lights by the power...

Nick--

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (31,296 Views)

Thank you for your response, none of those solutions worked for me. Whenever I try to turn the laptop on it doesnt even boot or do anything that I can hear. The only thing that happens after a reset it is that I hear a whirling noise for a second then nothing, while at the same time the power light is flashing with the                    num lock icon. Also i have not put in any new memory nor altered the original components.

Message 4 of 6 (31,294 Views)

Hi AustinW,

One last thing you can try is Power Reset.  If still does not, then hardware (possible motherboard) issue.  Then set repair here.

Nick--

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (31,287 Views)

Ok, apparently I did a power reset before and not a power cycle. What's the difference and how do I do a power cycle?

Message 6 of 6 (31,282 Views)

Hi AustinW,

Power reset is to remove the battery and ac in order to drain the power.  Then hold down the power buttong for 30secs.  Then plug back in the ac only and test.

Nick--

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook