VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (4,101 Views)
Accepted Solution

Recovery Error Code 333

I’m attempting to do a complete system restore on my VGN-FW375JB using Sony recovery disks I purchased from Sony. Doing hardware diagnostics reports no issues, but when I attempt to do a complete system restore, I get an error code 333 about 2% into the recovery processs. The hard drive is new, and I did a complete erase on it. I had previously installed Vista, but it wouldn’t recognize the key, so I figured a complete restore was the best path. Any ideas?
New Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (4,100 Views)

Re: Recovery Error Code 333

Here's an update. So, when my hard drive got corrupted to the point the partition wasn't recognizable, I bough the new drive thinking I'd recover to it. The new drive was a 500G while the original was 250G. I didn't think it would matter, and figured I'd attempt to recover data from the drive later. Well, last night I figured there was one other thing to try. I wiped the original drive, reinstalled it, and the purchased Sony disks ran without an issue.

Since I had previously had success installing Vista on the new drive, I know it is not a hardware compatability issue, and will migrate to it after I have completed all updates, and software reinstalls, but I have to say I'm disappointed. First, no one at Sony appears to know what error 333 is. I even "chatted" with the tech support group, and they pretty much told me as much. Secondly, with the new drive installed, recovery gave every indication of not only recongizing the drive, but even allowed selecting partitioning options. But at this point, I'm assuming the error 333 is tied with the target drive not being the exact same drive as the recovery disks expect. One would think that this would be a well documented error if this is correct. In any case, my laptop is up and running and I'm re-installing the software to get it to a usabe state again.
Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (3,144 Views)

Re: Recovery Error Code 333

I need your advice, how did you fic the error:333?I am having exact problem as you.  My old HD crashed doesnt work so I cant use that. I won't bopther with sony as I have never gotten any decent solution they pretty much useless. Hope to get some help asap. Thanks a lot

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook