Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (1,670 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony vio laptop start up issues

I have a vio laptop that I've owned for about a year. I'm now selling it so I went to clean/factory reset it. Well, it got unplugged somehow and I didn't realize it. So I gave it to the person buying it. That b b person contacted me and said it won't start up. Now it won't go past the start up screen. And a pop up appears that says "the pc restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click OK to restart pc and then restart installation". But when I click on OK the screen goes black and starts the same things all over again. And it just stays on the same screen that says "preparing" and the pop up shows up again. But thats all it does.
Message 2 of 6 (1,550 Views)

Re: Sony vio laptop start up issues

Hi, Seanmosley1268

Welcome to Sony Community! 

May we have the exact model name of the computer? Could you please check if there is an Assist Button on the laptop? 

Regards,

Vincent 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (1,538 Views)

No. It sure doesn't.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 6 (1,537 Views)

And its model PCG-3J1L
Message 5 of 6 (1,427 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Seanmosley1268

The model number PCG-3J1L is the chassis number of the laptop. You may check the exact model of this unit on top of the keyboard or on the bezel of the screen. It usually starts with VGN or VPC. 

Please refer to this link to help you troubleshoot the issue on your laptop. Make sure to read the instructions carefully before you proceed.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35585

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6 (1,415 Views)

I just wanted 2 say thank u. The link u posted outlines exactly what 2 do in a very VERY simple way. I'm in the middle of solving my problem as we speak. So once more, thank u thank u

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook