VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (5,723 Views)

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 [VPCEG25FL]

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon , my question is about the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, if the VAIO computers with pre-installed Windows 7 will not support Windows 10, and if so, then I upgrade to Windows 10 and no drivers and applications by Sony?, because as I read Sony just give you a set of instructions for users of Windows 7 will not support more as just said, the model of my computer is VPCEG25FL, thank you very much. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10 (5,481 Views)

Re: Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 [VPCEG25FL]

brandon0698

"my question is about the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, if the VAIO computers with pre-installed Windows 7 will not support Windows 10, and if so, then I upgrade to Windows 10 and no drivers and applications by Sony?, because as I read Sony just give you aset of instructions for users of Windows 7 will not support more as just said, the model of my computer is VPCEG25FL, thank you very much."

• [Peter] : Sony will not have drivers availiable for your specific models however you still can upgrade to Windows 10 for free

• [Peter] : Microsoft / Windows Update will try to install most of the drivers however some software may not function correctly (Example : Your function Keys)

• [Peter] : User will have a 30 day option to Roll Back to the original Operating System after you upgrade to Windows 10 (We have a KB on the Windows 10 landing for those steps.

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (5,292 Views)

i am using winodws 7, i want to upgrade to 10.

but in sony web site wait for driver update tiil oct, but i am very eager to upgrade to winodws 10.

so i want to update windows 10 and for drivers even after updating to windows 10 also we can get by windows update. and sony web site.

so why we need to wait tiil oct??

Highlighted
Message 4 of 10 (5,148 Views)

Sanjay_Reddy,

"i am using winodws 7, i want to upgrade to 10. but in sony web site wait for driver update tiil oct, but i am very eager to upgrade to winodws 10. so i want to update windows 10 and for drivers even after updating to windows 10 also we can get by windows update. and sony web site.so why we need to wait tiil oct?"

• [Peter] : There might be some limitations / issues if you install Windows 10 (Example: preinstall Software does not work, Video card driver may not function correctly, function key may not work, etc) therefore we suggest to the user to wait for Sony to provide the drivers and software for your model.  

• [Peter] : You still have the power to disregard on warning / caution and proceed to upgrade to Windows 10 but be aware that certain functionality might be reduced

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Rookie
Message 5 of 10 (5,042 Views)

Well, we can do downgrade if something doesn't work, right?
Expert
Message 6 of 10 (5,018 Views)

Yes.  There are several links on the web.  Here is one:

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/windows-10-how-to-roll-back/

Message 7 of 10 (4,818 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Dokkan,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Yes, as what  PeterT said "User will have a 30 day option to Roll Back to the original Operating System after you upgrade to Windows 10."

You can also create a recovery disc before you upgrade to Windows 10. If you fail to do so and you already upgraded your operating system past 30 days, you will have to purchase the recovery disc for your laptop.

We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 8 of 10 (2,447 Views)

Dear Peter,

I cannot find my sony vaio in any of the options given by Sony vaio webpage.

So how do I get support after upgrading my sony to windows 10. I do not want any assistance from Brazil. 

Message 9 of 10 (2,411 Views)

Hi J_H_F,

Welcome to Sony Community!

What is the model name of your computer? How can we help you?  We have limited information if the unit is a non-US model thus we are referring the customers to where it was manufactured.

We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Rookie
Message 10 of 10 (2,402 Views)

Hello!

here's my my sony vaio:

SONY VAIO MODEL PCG - 71211M

00196-095-827-937

windows 7

like i said the sony was working properly before upgrading to windows 10. Now I cannot see the videos.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook