Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (3,169 Views)

VAIO Update for Windows 10 Upgrade Tool doesn't recognize my model after factory restore

Hi, I have a VAIO SVS15125CXW which was running Windows 10 and I had to restore it to factory condition, rolling back to Windows 8 and now that I`m trying to upgrade it back to Windows 10, the application "Vaio Update for Windows 10 Upgrade Tool" is showing up the message "Your model is not supported" and it closes down.

I am following all instructions step by step, as said in the Upgrade Instructions page, the same way I did last year when I first upgraded to windows 10. But when I get to "Step 2 - 1. Download and run the VAIO Update for Windows 10 Upgrade Tool - VUforWin10_1Upg.exe (4.45MB).", I run into this issue..

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=1619

Why was my computer compatible and now it isn`t anymore?

Can anyone help me solve this problem? I appreciate any support!

Message 2 of 5 (3,082 Views)

Re: VAIO Update for Windows 10 Upgrade Tool doesn't recognize my model after factory restore

Hi Felipelaydner

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

We are sorry to hear your concern with your Sony Vaio laptop. The Windows 10 free upgrade ended on July 29, 2016. This free upgrade is from Microsoft and not from Sony and may not work anymore to all Vaio computers. If you still want to use Windows 10, you call Microsoft and purchase a full version of the software. 

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Hope that clears everything.  

Best regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (3,063 Views)

Re: VAIO Update for Windows 10 Upgrade Tool doesn't recognize my model after factory restore

Hi VincentM

I had already updated to Windows 10 previously and this way I've guaranteed my free Windows 10 version, which allows me to update it again at anytime in case I need to restore my PC. So the end of the upgrade time is not the matter.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (2,787 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same question.  Sony is no help again.  Making problems and not helping.

edit your doc to explain the error and how to fix it with your product and processes.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=1619

Rookie
Message 5 of 5 (812 Views)

Anche io sono passato a win 10 da win 8 , poi ritornato su win 8 e da poco rientrato a win 10.

Non ho fatto nessuna manovra di tutto quello indicato da Sony. Non ho eseguito nessun programma di Sony e TUTTO FUNZIONA OTTIMAMENTE

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook