Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 1 of 5 (4,464 Views)
Accepted Solution

Which option do I choose if I upgraded to Win 8.1 after I bought my Flip 13?

[ Edited ]

This web site ony mentions preinstalled.  My Flip had Win 8 preinstalled, but I would think I could use the 8.1 preinstall procedure.

Which is the correct option for my situation?

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/os10upgrade.pl

Message 2 of 5 (4,392 Views)

Re: Which option do I choose if I upgraded to Win 8.1 after I bought my Flip 13?

robertwycoff ,

"This web site ony mentions preinstalled.  My Flip had Win 8 preinstalled, but I would think I could use the 8.1 preinstall procedure.Which is the correct option for my situation?"

• [Peter] : Windows 8.1 is a free upgrade from Windows 8.0 preinstall.  Windows should of notified you to upgrade / install Windows 8.1.  If you perform a recovery then all you need to do is perform all the Windows Update and the Windows 8.1 installation option will appear from the "Windows Store"
  • [Peter] : It is required that you install Windows 8.1 in order to install Windows 10 since your preinstall OS is Windows 8.0

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Expert
Message 3 of 5 (4,389 Views)

Re: Which option do I choose if I upgraded to Win 8.1 after I bought my Flip 13?

Darn, I wasn't clear.  

My Flip had Win 8.0 preinstalled, then I upgraded to Win 8.1.

Now, to upgrade to Win 10, do I use the Win 8.0 preinstall upgrade path or do I use the Win 8.1 preinstall upgrade path?

Highlighted
Message 4 of 5 (4,380 Views)

robertwycoff ,

"My Flip had Win 8.0 preinstalled, then I upgraded to Win 8.1. Now, to upgrade to Win 10, do I use the Win 8.0 preinstall upgrade path or do I use the Win 8.1 preinstall upgrade path?"

• [Peter] : Drivers and Applications will be availiable for your PC around November 2015 because your OS was Windows 8 preinstalled.  (Windows 8 Preinstall path)

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Expert
Message 5 of 5 (4,372 Views)

Ok.  Understood.

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Robert Wycoff

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook