VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 13 (822 Views)

Windows 10 Sony Vaio Laptop

Whenever I shutdown my computer it reset instead. I have to dp a hard reset for it to shutdown. Also my time and date on the computer keeps changing. I need help please. 

Rookie
Message 2 of 13 (701 Views)

Re: Windows 10 Sony Vaio Laptop

[ Edited ]

I have faced the same problem, when started bitcoin cloud mining. Haven't found any solution yet. So also waiting for any advices. 

Rookie
Message 3 of 13 (696 Views)

Re: Windows 10 Sony Vaio Laptop unwanted hard reset on shutdown

It sounds to me like you have a battery issue, perhaps the internal clock battery ... what use to be called the CMOS battery.  In days past these would last about 5 years.  If your computer is newer, then the issue is probably software based.  One thing for sure, do not expect support from Sony on this.  They have farmed it out to a contractor who charges annual or monthly fees for questions that seem to be prodcut based, not general

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 13 (692 Views)

I just tried my old battery and it's the same issue. It's been happening for two months now. It started happening after an update. An update came in for Windows 10 and next minute I had all types of issues. I think if my computer was shutting down properly the time wouldn't act up.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 13 (691 Views)

I tried so many solutions and nothing works. Hopefully a future update would resolve it.
Message 6 of 13 (528 Views)

Hi Knewland,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We regret to hear on this. What is the model name of your laptop? Is it currently running on Windows 10 operating system?

Regards, 

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 13 (505 Views)

SVF14325cxw. Yes currently running on Windows 10. The upgrade was free from Microsoft for anyone that windows 8
Rookie
Message 8 of 13 (481 Views)

The CMOS battery is not the one that you see.  It is a small internal battery that works in the background to keeps dates and ROM data even when the main battery is removed.  It is something you would have to take your machine apart to see.  By the sounds of it, because this began to happen after an upgrade, this clock problem is probably software based.  You may want to delete the update and upload it again.  This is probably not something you can do if the problems began immediately after you went from Windows 8 to 10 because they say say you cannot go back to the Win 8 once the upgrade is installed because it deletes the previous version.  Updates subsequent to the installation of Win 10 can be deleted and re-installed. 

Rookie
Message 9 of 13 (480 Views)

You might want to double check your computers settings to see if they are what Windows is using.  You might be using 64 bit OS setting when your computer is 32 bit.  I found that Microsoft and Sony did not communicate well prior to sending the WIN 8 -> 10 upgrade and I had lots of trouble as a result.  40 hours of troubleshooting, numerous consultation and tech expenses and three years later ... it operates as it should most of the time.  My problems now are around hyper data metering ... shows more data is being moved than is over my metered connection.  This could be a Sony or Microsoft problem

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 13 (441 Views)

It is recommended to reinstall the operating system to troubleshoot this reset issue.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook