Walkman Players

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (3,425 Views)

BOOT ERROR Walkman NWZ-B172F

[ Edited ]

I try to turn the mp3 on and it will go right to "BOOT ERROR".

I wanted to make a bootable USB to install Ubuntu 14.04 on a desktop computer. So i tryed to use the "Startup Disk Creator" on my ubuntu 12.04 i already have on my laptop to try to make the Walkman bootable. Then where it says "Disk to use" i chose the walkman. Then i had to press the option "Erase Disk".  I had a really bad feeling but i was kinda desprete to get it working and i was sleepy, so i pressed it.  In the end it never worked to get it bootable. So then later i would connect the mp3 to my computer and it would'nt read. It said on my mp3 "BOOT ERROR".  And that's all.

My computer won't detect it.

I tryed the reset button.

When i press the Play/Pause button it would say "Walkman" like always and then right away say "BOOT ERROR"

The battery is full.

Any advice on how to make it work again?

Expert
Message 2 of 2 (3,399 Views)

Re: BOOT ERROR Walkman NWZ-B172F

Hello kokorowarrior. Greetings and thank you for your message. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. Please visit the Sony Global Web site: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/?&XID=M:sony_community for info regarding support in other countries/regions. Thank you. Beatriz

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook