Webcast Discussion

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 111 of 124 (869 Views)

Re: MDR-1000X Headband Cracks

[ Edited ]

what i'm really bitter about, is they kept the ones i sent for replacement. i paid priority shipping, to expedite this, and they kept them. didnt even send them back. my own pair that i paid 325 for they kept,  they'll probably repair them, label them as 'refurbished, and resell them as liquidation to another ebay seller or bulk seller from some website..my headphones....and i'm sorry that is just so messed. so can you blame me for being upset.   this whole thing has got me so angry...out my original and no replacement.

Enthusiast
Message 112 of 124 (861 Views)

Is there any moderator from Sony who keep looking at discussions here???

Looking at Fayeee story, there must be some reply to her from moderator. How company can keep even her original pair of headphones for which she paid a good amount of money.

Sony, please respond and help her out as you have big brand name and dont let it go down becasue of such incidents.

Thanks

Abhishek

Apprentice
Message 113 of 124 (859 Views)

thanks abhish, means something that someone out there actually cares.

sony doesnt care about peoples feelings, money is there end game. the people i talked to on the phone there, were so cold. and robotic. each time i called, same coldness, same runaround...and no feelings. i need to just let this go. it upsets me to my core.

Enthusiast
Message 114 of 124 (856 Views)

Hi Fayeee,

I am sure its not only me but many others following this message thread and i am sure its some one at the Sony side who is not taking correct call/ decision. But at least some one from Sony who moderates these room must follow such kind of compliances.

I am still not getting how they can keep original pieces of headphones with out replacing them. I can understand how much it is frustating with calling to call centers ( i had some kind of experience few years back with Target but at least i had positive result at the end), they put on hold for hours , transfering call from one desk to other desk for approvals and same thing again and again.

Being human being, hope is some thing which keep motivated us.

Please take care.

Thanks

Abhishek

Enthusiast
Message 115 of 124 (787 Views)

Wanted to jump in here to say that I am in the same exact situation as Fayeee. Mailed in my MDR-1000X/B's (SN: 5168638) to Sony on Jan 22nd. On Feb 1st I recieved a phone call that the wharehouse has determined that my headphones are covered and that a new pair would be ordered for me. Today, I just got off the phone again with Sony and they've changed their tune. Now they are saying that my serial number was identified as part of a "liquidation sale" and have no warranty, and they will not being replacing my current pair. Very confused I asked some questions:

• Why couldn't you tell me this before I sent them in? I gave you the serial number as part of the exchange process?
    • The warehouse needs to varify the serial number
  • What are my options? Will you be mailing be back my orginal headphones?
    • The wharehouse will be in contanct with you.

I did buy these from a verified Sony reseller on E-Bay but I wish Sony would have told them they would not honor a warrenty on them before I mailed them in. Now it seems like I am out a pair of headphones that I really liked. 

I will be looking to Bose for future purchases.

Apprentice
Message 116 of 124 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]

geezus. your issue is EXACTLY like mine, right up to the warehouse, and get back to you, and then the liquidation spiel.

unbelievable.

theyre something else arent they?

i think theyre doing that with everyone now. using the liquidation sale' if people dont have a warranty. 

we both lost our original headphones. thats theft . plain and simple. THEFT.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 117 of 124 (767 Views)

Even if they have an excuse to not provide warranty (which is questionable), they absolutely have no excuse to not return the headphones. This is beyond outragous.

Enthusiast
Message 118 of 124 (687 Views)

I've owned my pair of MDR-1000X since April of 2017. Only recently did I notice that the left band was cracked, I started to notice because the headphones actually felt loose and the noise cancelling wasn't as good as it was before.

I called Sony today and they were very pleasant about either repairing or sending me a replacement. I already got the email to ship the product back.

Not to sound rude but it seems like people who have been getting the "liquidation" spiel are ones who bought the headphones from eBay or unauthorized 3rd party sellers. It's definitely not ok that they aren't sending the units back, but that might explain why they're not getting replacements when everyone else seems to be... just a thought.

Hopefully I'll get a replacement. Will keep you guys updated.

Apprentice
Message 119 of 124 (680 Views)

yes both of us bought off ebay, because the sellers both had 'authorized sony seller' on their listings. thats the only reason we bought off these sellers.  and low and behold, we both noticed the cracks, too late.

we did nothing wrong, but purchase off sellers who had 'authorized sellers for sony' in there titles and descriptions. 

sony should still honor that. we were both told we would receive them. then we were both told we wouldnt. 

that is a terrible thing to say and do to people who spent hard earned money, even more than best buy for me, i could have but i just didnt think of it at the time, the ones i purchased were just as expensive as sonys own website. i sell on ebay, so it was a natural reflex to buy them on there .

glad your happy,  so glad it all worked out for you, so glad you come on here to toot your horn.

congrats....

Enthusiast
Message 120 of 124 (674 Views)

If they are authorized resellers then Sony should definitely honor the replacements. But it’s not Sony’s job to very that all the sellers on eBay are authorized, it’s ups to the buyer to make sure they’re on Sony’s list of authorized vendors… that’s where buyers have to do their due diligence. So if you did end up buying from someone who was in fact NOT authorized, I can understand why Sony is choosing not to honor the replacement. Still, not excuse for not offering to send the unit back to you though.

Just trying to make some sense of the situation as most people seem to be getting replacements without issue. Not trying to scare off other people from trying to return their units if they’re defective.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook