Welcome to the Community!

Webcast Discussion

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 81 of 124 (3,628 Views)

Re: MDR-1000X Headband Cracks

Hi Efren,

Thank you for visiting the SONY Community!

To best assist you, we recommend contacting the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.   

Best regards,

-Erin 

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Message 82 of 124 (3,613 Views)

Hi Abhisheksinha97,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

I just replied to your other post regarding the issue you have with your headphones. Please check your other post here. 

http://community.sony.com/t5/Webcast-Discussion/Sony-MDR-1000X-headband-crack-covered-under-warranty...

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 83 of 124 (3,534 Views)

I had the same issue and Sony replaced it for free and sent me the newer 1000XM2! Kudos to them for acknowledging the problem and fixing it Smiley Happy)

Enthusiast
Message 84 of 124 (3,204 Views)

I have this issue with a pair of MDR-1000X that I purchased in Amazon Germany in April. Who do I need to contact to resolve this - Amazon, Sony, or the local Sony distributor where I live (Israel) - isfar.co.il?

BTW, my serial number is within the affected range.

Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 85 of 124 (2,885 Views)

Hi Erin,

Other thread related to your reply marked closed, was not sure if the posting will be valid. Please don't mind, have copy pasted the same message below

Have faced exact same problem with my mdr1000x. I live in Bangalore India, when I took it to the service centre they plainly rejected taking it saying it does not cover under warranty as it is physically damaged and no warranty shall cover.

Am wondering whether the warranty of this not applicable for the headset sold in India ?

Regards,

Srivathsa

Message 86 of 124 (2,843 Views)

Hi Srivathsa,

Thank you for considering the Sony Community!

Our apologies for any inconvenience. I just replied to your other post regarding the headband crack issue. Please check this link: 

http://community.sony.com/t5/Webcast-Discussion/Sony-MDR-1000X-headband-crack-covered-under-warranty...

Best regards,

-Erin

Rookie
Message 87 of 124 (2,206 Views)

[ Edited ]

You should try fixing the problem by yourself , just be careful while using your headphones ! 

Did the crack get any worse ? 

film streaming 

streaming film

Apprentice
Message 88 of 124 (1,729 Views)

[ Edited ]

You cant fix it. i'm soo upset right now. i bought these brand new off ebay, he had perfect feedback. i get them, did not know about these cracks. so i leave him a positive. then i see these cracks they were huge and now one has completely fallen apart. i'm a 55 year old woman, who wore these 3 times. and now i'm crying , because that was ALOT OF MONEY, and i have no course of action because this seller would not even give me a receipt. i am so angry, and upset. this is a real injustice . and sony will never help me, because they demand receipts and only from authorized sellers, and i have no where to turn. was just hoping that posting this would somehow calm me down. and help others know , theyre not alone.

Enthusiast
Message 89 of 124 (1,686 Views)

If you are in the US, contact Sony support, they will replace it free of charge, even without receipt. as long as the serial number is within the faulty series. 

Apprentice
Message 90 of 124 (1,657 Views)

well that is great new. thank you ileshem.

anybody have the support link? i keep hunting thru sonys website, and keep getting dead ends.

my serial number 4098 , i hope that is in the warranty replacement. thats all i could find on my headphones. was the 4 digits, 

Thank you so much ileshem

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook