Welcome to the Community!

Webcast Discussion

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (1,112 Views)

MDR 1000x

Is it true about the serials having issues with headband crack for MDR 1000x??

My serial is in the affected series, could anyone confirm and advise
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5 (1,077 Views)

Re: MDR 1000x

up

Please answer from Sony or whoever who has source

Message 3 of 5 (1,075 Views)

Hi Llycester,

Thank you for visiting the SONY Community!

We are aware of the reviews and/or reports of the users regarding the headband crack issue with this model but this is not a serial number specified issue. While we continue to study this matter on an ongoing basis, Sony's current understanding is that physical damage to the MDR-1000X headphones may result from unfolding the headphones a certain way. With this new understanding that under certain conditions the headband may crack or break, changes have been promptly made in manufacturing to address the issue and give the headband more stability as well as flexibility as the user handles and unfolds the headphones.

Should you have further questions regarding this matter, we recommend contacting the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.   

Best regards, -Erin 

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (1,072 Views)

Dear Erin,

I had my headband replace at the first time before and I thought this was my fault and the replacement is again broken and I dont want to pay again 200 USD for repairs!

What is your best advise for that matter! The price of the headphone repair is half of the actual headphone itself!

I would want you to assist me on this as this is so hard to explain with Sony Middle East!
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (624 Views)

its every single one, just dont fold them too much to put them in their case, and they'll be fine. Even the 1000xm2 still have this problem.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook