Webcast Discussion

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (4,198 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony MDR 1000X headband crack covered under warranty or no?? Any information related to Batch

Hi All,

I recently bought pair of MDR 1000X, black colour version and its batch number starting with 5412xxxx. Any body have info related to which batch number has defected headband and is this the issue, fixed by Sony now.

Also i saw lot of comments about Sony is covering this under warranty. Any one recently denied by Sony,

Please let me know.

Thanks

Message 2 of 5 (4,172 Views)

Re: Sony MDR 1000X headband crack covered under warranty or no?? Any information related to Batch

Hi Abhisheksinha97,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are aware of the reviews and/or reports of the users regarding the headband crack issue with this model but this is not a batch specified issue. While we continue to study this matter on an ongoing basis, Sony's current understanding is that physical damage to the MDR-1000X headphones may result from unfolding the headphones a certain way.  With this new understanding that under certain conditions the headband may crack or break, changes have been promptly made in manufacturing to address the issue and give the headband more stability as well as flexibility as the user handles and unfolds the headphones. In order to maintain the goodwill of our Sony customers, we will follow the warranty process if the unit needs repair to the consumers who have a cracked or broken headband, subject to the limited warranty that accompanies the product.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (4,147 Views)

Re: Sony MDR 1000X headband crack covered under warranty or no?? Any information related to Batch

Hi ErinC,

Thanks a lot for giving such clear and straight forward reply. I believe its not only me but many people who were looking for these clarification. I do feel whenever fold or unfold headphone, its give kind of discomfort and i have to do it slowly.

Well thanks again. I am closing the thread.

Thanks

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (3,626 Views)

[ Edited ]

H Erin,

Have faced exact same problem with my mdr1000x. I live in Bangalore India, when I took it to the service centre they plainly rejected taking it saying it does not cover under warranty as it is physically damaged and no warranty shall cover.

Am wondering whether the warranty of this not applicable for the headset sold in India ?

Regards,

Srivathsa

Message 5 of 5 (3,579 Views)

Hi Srivathsa,

Thank you for considering the Sony Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened with your headphones. To best assist you, we recommend contacting the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Best regards,

-Erin 

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook